Manager, Learning, Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data
The Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data is a fast-growing, dynamic international network bringing together over 650 different organizations including governments, UN agencies, private companies, civil society organizations, and many others. We leverage the power of data to change minds, policies, and lives for the better. Our aim is to ensure that data can be put to good use to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Learning Manager will develop and drive a digital learning hub to enable self-service learning for a broad audience of data for development professionals from many different countries and sectors. This is a new role which involves close collaboration across teams and with learning content providers (partner organizations) to curate, package, publish, and monitor the content and learning journeys delivered through the hub.
The Learning Manager is key to scaling the Global Partnership’s learning portfolio and will provide a tech-savvy approach to aggregating, transforming, and disseminating content from across our programs, including the capacity building program, and our learning partners. This position will support the skill-building and knowledge sharing strategy by determining the best digital delivery modalities for existing and new content, incorporating latest adult learning expertise, and ensuring relevance and accessibility of content for both general and target audiences.
This position is based in Washington, DC, London, or remote.
- Manage the development and implementation of a digital learning hub to facilitate self-service learning for the Global Partnership’s target audiences.
- Develop processes to efficiently identify and acquire relevant content from learning content providers as well as original Global Partnership-generated resources for the learning hub.
- Effectively package content into a range of formats and media, accounting for various skill levels, accessibility considerations, and uptake appeal.
- Monitor outputs, uptake, and outcomes of content and learning journeys of those engaging with the content.
- Provide user support to learners needing assistance accessing content.
- Collaborate closely with the capacity building program team to transition high-touch/direct training content into self-service digital content for the learning hub.
- Collaborate closely with the external relations team to design and implement the learning hub and develop processes for packaging and communicating content.
- Collaborate closely with all teams to identify Global Partnership-generated content relevant for the learning hub.
- Develop and promote innovative uptake mechanisms (i.e. – curated learning journeys, certification, etc.).
- Establish standards that help the Global Partnership be a leader in the data for development learning community and the go-to for digital learning, particularly for public sector stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-7 years of work experience in adult learning, digital learning, or other roles combining technology and learning functions.
- Work experience in progressively responsible positions with project management functions.
- Experience developing and managing learning platforms, working with an external web development agency.
- Tech-savvy with a digital first approach and knowledge of web design, user research, and google analytics.
- Knowledge of licensing rights for learning products preferred.
- Genuine and demonstrated curiosity about effective approaches to individual and institutional learning and how they can contribute to our learners’ success.
- Enthusiasm for innovating, testing, and trialing different learning formats and languages.
- Strong organizational and planning skills handling multi-stakeholder projects and processes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently while meeting deadlines.
- Leadership and team building skills, particularly working with remote teams, colleagues, and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); the ability to interact and collaborate effectively with people of diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish preferred.
- The ability and willingness to travel internationally approximately 10% of the time.
- Familiarity with the international development sector preferred.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.