The Associate, Programs is responsible for coordinating administrative services across DIAL’s programmatic activities. The Associate, Programs will play an important role in providing support across reporting, information management systems and events. These duties include information technology systems management and administration, reporting, ad hoc research, coordinating standard business processes and surge support for major convenings and events. The Associate, Programs will report to the Senior Manager, Contracts and Grants and must maintain close working relationships across DIAL.
Program Coordination (50%)
- Provides administrative project management, including populating standard grants and contracts and other legal agreements for DIAL programs.
- Tracks the status of contracts and legal agreements and facilitates the movement of agreements through DIAL and UN Foundation processes.
- Maintains reports on active and inactive legal agreements.
- Works with Director, Programs to implement non-routine projects and problem solve issues as they arise.
Resource Coordination (20%)
- Works with Manager, Programs to input data for MS Project Online (workplans, milestones, issues and risks, etc.) and serves as the internal champion for the Salesforce customer relationship management tool.
Knowledge Coordination (20%)
- Works with the Senior Director, Business Operations to compile data and drafts quarterly and annual reports for donors and DIAL’s Board of Directors.
- Coordinates with Senior Manager, Contracts and Grants to support annual audits, including compiling files for auditors, maintaining documentation for future audits such as procurement memos and data on vendor selection.
- Supports staff onboarding by ensuring new colleagues can use / are familiar with DIAL’s SharePoint-based Information Management System, including Salesforce, Slack and dashboard data visualizations and other technology tools as necessary.
- Ensures information architecture of SharePoint site is structured and organized.
Partnership Coordination (10%)
- Serves as team-wide champion to support internal tools such as Slack, SharePoint and Salesforce, ensuring staff are licensed, trained and best practices are maintained.
- Works across the team to support special projects.
- Other activities as directed including surge support for major convenings and events, e.g., drafting letters of invitation.
- 1-3 years of experience in international development and/or knowledge of the international nonprofit sector is desirable.
- Interest, knowledge or work experience in the mobile for development sector.
- Ability to organize and execute complex tasks in a goal-oriented manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when needed.
- Ability to collect and synthesize information to produce programmatic reports for donors.
- Ability to manage own time and schedule with initiative and effectiveness, negotiating and prioritizing demands across multiple projects.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Interest in developing expertise around contracts and grant management, and project management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, PowerBI, SharePoint, MS Project).
- Fluency in spoken and written English required; knowledge of other languages preferred.
- Experience in proposal writing, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP with HSA),
- dental insurance,
- vision discounts,
- flexible spending accounts,
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
- group term and supplemental life insurance,
- short-term disability,
- long-term disability,
- health club discounts,
- commuter benefits, and
- employee assistance program.
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of parental leave.