Staff Accountant (Revenue), Finance
The Staff Accountant will work closely together with the Director, Accounting & Finance on regular and ad-hoc projects related to the revenue subsect of the Finance department. At the direction of the Director, Accounting & Finance, the Staff Accountant will be designated to be the primary back-up for other positions within the Finance Department.
- Performs duties related to revenue and receivables functions as assigned and reassigned from time to time to meet the deadlines/ objectives of the Finance Department.
- Provides overall support to the Finance Department related to the annual financial audit.
- Support the coordination of the Prepared-by-Client audit requirement list (PBC) with oversight.
- Provides support to the Finance Department with the preparation and submission of the annual IRS Form 990.
- Provides support and works with internal/external customers.
- Acts as the primary back-up for other revenue functions within the department as needed.
- Interviews and trains other team members and interns as needed.
- Maintains and develops the technical accounting expertise necessary for position responsibilities.
- Represents Finance on any committee and/or sub-committee as needed.
- Maintains appropriate working paper and file documentation for all work products.
- Prepares and maintains up to date, written, fully explanatory desk procedures for all task responsibilities.
- Ensures excellent customer service by providing timely and accurate information to stakeholders as needed in a polite/professional manner.
- Maintain working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants), and when to utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Draft and review agreements and maintain an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consulting with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed. (As applicable to the role)
- Attend training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain and keep up to date with UNF’s current policies and procedures. (As applicable to the role)
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information and prepare reports. (As applicable to the role
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance or accounting.
- At least 1 year of full-time work experience in accounting and/or finance.
- Advance Microsoft Excel skill required.
- Superior analytical and reconciliation skills.
- Proven ability to be a team player, self-started and motivated in performing the duties and responsibilities of the job and the goals of the Finance Department.
- Experience using automated accounting and office programs, such as Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Microsoft Officer, etc.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret donor guidelines, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Knowledge of internal control procedures and practices.
- Willingness to work hands-on as a cooperative and collaborative member.
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to respond to a rapidly changing environment.
- Desire and ability to develop new knowledge, skills, and abilities as needed to perform the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong communications and written skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Microsoft Excel assessment required during recruitment process.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.