Senior Associate, Communications Analytics, Public Affairs
The Senior Associate, Communications - Analytics is curious, data-minded, and energized by problem-solving. The candidate will use research and analytical skills to inform communication strategy and promote learning across the Public Affairs team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Integrated Communications, the candidate is responsible for collecting and analyzing data, digital listening, and reporting on content performance with timeliness, precision, and clarity. In addition, the candidate will contribute to data analysis and reporting to support partnerships and relationship-building for campaigns and special projects. In addition, the Senior Associate, Communications - Analytics will support the broader Public Affairs team by handling outreach around data trends and tools, supporting special events, and collaborating on special projects as needed.
This position is based in Washington D.C. (Hybrid schedule)
- Collect and analyze data across digital channels, including social media, email, and websites, to help the Public Affairs team leverage trends, optimize content, and shape strategy.
- Contribute to and draft reports on content performance, campaigns, events, and activations — for key internal and external partners, including the UN.
- Distribute reports and organize them for easy retrieval by internal and external stakeholders.
- Create dashboards, data visualizations, charts, graphs, and presentations to enhance monitoring, measurement, and reporting.
- Produce timely and clear data analysis to guide leadership’s decision-making when issues or crises arise.
- Collaborate with Public Affairs colleagues to test campaigns and content; analyze results; and present learnings, findings, and actionable insights to the team, leadership, and external contacts.
- Support communications around data, including correspondence/outreach to authors, partners, and Pan-Foundation colleagues.
- Serve as the point of contact for analytics platform vendors, including Hootsuite and Talkwalker.
- Provide digital support for UN Foundation-sponsored/hosted events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field required.
- More than 2 years of relevant experience in communications research and analytics.
- First-rate skills working with analytics and reporting tools to deliver insights, including GA4, Hootsuite, Talkwalker, and native platforms – for example, Facebook Insights.
- In-depth knowledge of digital communications and marketing research principles, tools, and trends.
- Comfortable packaging and presenting insights to internal and external contacts.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, and ability to make data-driven recommendations
- First-rate writing, reporting, and data storytelling skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills.
- Well-rounded, rigorous research skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, especially Excel.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, diplomacy, and tact.
- A writing assessment is part of the interview process.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/ tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time,benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.