Girl Up is a global leadership development initiative, positioning girls to be leaders in the movement for gender equality. With resources in five languages and 4,500 Girl Up Clubs in nearly 125 countries, we’ve trained 76,000 girls of all backgrounds to create tangible change for girls everywhere. Girl Up provides leadership training and gives girls tools to become gender equality advocates and activists.
Through our programs, girls broaden their social impact skill set, benefit from a platform to tell their stories and apply their skills for social good. Our girl leaders create real policy change at local and national levels, help raise millions of dollars to support United Nations programs that reach tens of thousands of girls around the world and build community-based movements. Girl Up was founded by the United Nations Foundation in 2010 and continues to work across a global community of partners to achieve gender equality worldwide.
The Girl Up Team is seeking a Program Coordinator (Clubs) who is ready to contribute to the goals of growing and strengthening Girl Up’s global community through our online platform. The Coordinator will assist in a range of tasks to support the growth of Girl Up’s community, including but not limited to overseeing all Club registrations, Club resource improvements, and other Club activities and engagement.
The Program Coordinator, Girl Up will work closely with the Program Associate, and the Program team and collaborate across Girl Up’s other departments, including Development, Communications, and Global Operations. The Coordinator is the customer service point person for our global community and serves as the community’s liaison to Girl Up staff.
- Coordinate the Girl Up Club database, including tracking all Girl Up Club registrations.
- Support and engage online Community members on a daily basis.
- Coordinate content curation for news, features, resources, and other content in the online Community on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Support the maintenance and improvement of Club and Community resources.
- Organize monthly office hours for leaders to connect with and get support from HQ.
- Update weekly and monthly program metrics and maintain accurate Club rosters for analysis and reporting.
- Support the ongoing lifecycle of the Club leaders including, but not limited to, monthly campaigns to encourage reporting, quarterly campaigns to encourage engagement in programming, annual campaigns to update Club active statuses.
- Coordinate Girl Up Club Challenges.
- Coordinate inputs for the Girl Up Monthly Newsletter in the Community.
- Champion club leader success via email/virtual correspondence, community messages, chat posts, and more.
- Monitor club leader experiences to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Work closely with Deputy Director on Monitoring and Evaluation across Girl Up programs and issue areas.
- Collaborate with the Program Associate in ongoing assessment of Club and platform needs and opportunities.
- Support other events as needed with program support and recruitment.
- Maintain working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants), and when to utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Draft and review agreements and maintain an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consulting with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed. (As applicable to the role)
- Attend training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain and keep up to date with UNF’s current policies and procedures. (As applicable to the role)
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information and prepare reports. (As applicable to the role)
- Other projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience.
- Commitment to Girl Up’s mission and core values.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Preferred experience in HTML/CSS.
- Preferred experience in interface design and user experience optimization.
- Preferred experience with a CMS.
- Experience in Excel, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Canva and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills with a passion for customer success.
- Demonstrated interest in youth leadership development, particularly with girls.
- Responsible, flexible, collaborative and hard-working.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.