Senior Manager, Private Sector Engagement, UAP
The salary range is $73,000 -$93,000
The Universal Access Project (UAP) works to advance U.S. leadership on global sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice (SRHRJ) through a pooled fund supporting best-in-class advocates; through strategic communications, media engagement, and direct advocacy; and through its unique role convening civil society, government, and multilateral partners in pursuit of health and rights for all. UAP leads the Private Sector Action (PSA) initiative, which centers on its Accountability Platform for Women’s Health and Empowerment in Global Supply Chains as an engine for action on corporate performance on worker wellbeing by mobilizing diverse stakeholders to drive strategy coordination and systemic change. It engages with reproductive and global health groups, businesses, labor, researchers, and international entities to advocate for women’s health standards and practices at the global and local levels.
A major goal is to elevate the voice and leadership in workplace well-being advocacy of health organizations in low- and middle-income countries. PSA also implements activities that develop partnerships with or commitments by businesses to act on workforce health from a gender lens. UAP’s private sector activities also include the Resilience Fund for Women in Global Value Chains, which mobilizes corporate leadership and resources for women’s health, rights, and empowerment in business value chain communities worldwide.
The Manager, Private Sector Engagement will be responsible for the implementation of several UAP programs under its Private Sector Action (PSA) initiative. The manager will oversee the Private Sector Accountability (PSA) Platform for Women Health and Empowerment in Global Supply Chains as well as manage other PSA activities related to corporate commitments and engagement on health issues and business. This position will report to the Senior Director, Private Sector Strategy and Engagement, UAP. The Manager will also provide support to the operations of the UAP as needed.
This is a full-time benefits eligible position working 40 hours a week with an initial term of 12 months.
This will be a hybrid position based in Washington, DC or New York, NY.
Management of the PSA Platform
- Develop a strategy for PSA Platform expansion and engagement.
- Design the structure of the PSA Platform governing body, including criteria for selection and list of potential members.
- Produce and implement the PSA Platform work plan and monitor progress.
- Track the PSA Platform budget and manage costs.
- Oversee outreach and communications with existing and prospective Platform members Organize and schedule virtual convenings with Platform members, producing meeting agendas, convening notes and related documents, and keeping up to date Platform participant list.
- Manage the Platform’s external communications, including online sites (the UAP platform page and wiki site), social media, and digital assets.
- Provide guidance to Platform participants on engagement with the Wiki and Sensemaker® tools and use of translation platforms.
- Produce and distribute the monthly Platform newsletter and other communications to participants.
- Produce end-of-year reports on Platform activities and impact as well as other impact documents related to learnings, SenseMaker analyses, and other knowledge products.
- Ensure the Platform milestones as well as broader goals and vision are on track.
Management of Other PSA Partnership Activities
- Manage and implement partner workplans.
- Coordinate with corporate and NGO partners and maintain good relationships.
- Monitor the progress of the activities.
- Produce reports as required by donors and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in managing and implementing programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Interest, knowledge, or work experience in Corporate Social Responsibility/Responsible Sourcing/ESG as well as women’s human rights, reproductive justice, public health, international affairs, or closely related fields preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Basic website and video skills a plus.
- Knowledge of Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and other communications platforms preferred.
- Public speaking skills and experience making project presentations to large audiences.
- Experience or comfort with research methods and reporting is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated excellence working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and juggle many projects at once.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Previous meeting or event planning experience preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.