The Manager, Business Services and Contracts (BS&C) guides the day to day agreements related to United Nations Foundation activities and works closely with the Senior Director to support the execution of plans and priorities within the Contracts team. Additionally, the Manager serves as a liaison with other United Nation Foundation teams regarding internal processes and procedures, works closely with other members of the contract team and provide support to the Sr. Director, Executive Director, BSBR, and the CFO as needed.
- Serve as the main contracts point of contact to manage UN related campaigns, activities, and special projects achieving goals and strategy as directed by Sr. Director.
- Provide expertise in contracts field performing high level independent work
- Draft and ensure execution of UN contract, grant, LOI, and other business agreements in a timely manner ensuring that these agreements align with all UNF policies and advance mutual goals.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to various UNF teams working with UN agencies on compliance and agreements
- Maintain a strong understanding of the UNF practices regarding contracting, agreement process, timeline, and the Salesforce system; including having a strong understanding of all UNF standard templates and when to use the templates accordingly
- Work closely with the Sr Director, and other UNF core teams to lead response on funder and UNF compliance requirements and requests, including communicating any expectations to contractors, grantees, and staff, preparing compliance materials, such as donor/vendor forms and CCV filings
- Manage the tracking and monitoring of all UN related agreements currently active or under review in Salesforce and follow up with program teams as to status
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information, and prepare reports
- Ensure due diligence is completed for agreements, as applicable, and aid in troubleshooting any issues
- Confirm Alliances/Departments adhere and align with UNF wide processes and procedures; use judgement to advance issues and questions for direction or discussion with the Sr. Director.
- Guide the day-to-day processes surrounding review of contracts and agreements for UNF/BWF If necessary, be a secondary reviewer of contracts and agreements; use judgement to advance agreements with non-standard terms for additional review or discussion with the Sr. Director and members of UNFs senior leadership
- Ensure back-up coverage for contract review is in-place during high-volume periods, vacations, and other absences.
- Maintain awareness of funding sources and ensuring agreements include any necessary funder flow downs or additional language
- Work with the Sr. Director to develop and maintain contract trainings and reference documents, as needed. This includes presenting during regular contracting process trainings
- Collaborate with contracts team to develop solutions to improve daily processing of workload as well as proposals to improve contractual processes and procedures with oversight and approval from Sr. Director
- Perform annual updating and editing of templates to be issued throughout the Foundation with final review and approval by the Sr. Director
- Manage relationships with Foundation teams and alliances in partnership with contract team members and team/alliance contacts to oversee workload and ensure smooth working relationships/communication
- Establish strong inter-team working relationships with the greater Finance team and UNF departmental POCs that work with the UN
- Provide ad-hoc support for the Sr. Director including research, memos, and any other reports as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree required, with at least 8+ years of progressive and applicable work experience; Advanced degree preferred
- Including at least 5 years’ experience developing and negotiating complex contracts and agreements and/or legal experience desired
- Exceptional operations and project management skills with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and experience supervision and management
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s management team
- Ability to drive projects from inception to implementation, including ability to define objectives, identify and evaluate trends, develop potential courses of action, and gauge possible outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Flexibility and a team player
- Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of organizations and with a wide variety of functional expertise
- Previous experience administering and monitoring commitments to and from external partners and other departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Attention to detail
- Orientation toward customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.