Manager, Budget and Finance, Clean Cooking Alliance
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $82,000.
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
The CCA Operations team works across CCA to support the programmatic initiatives. The Operations team works across a number of activities, but focuses on internal process improvement, agreements, finance, and compliance. The Operations team’s ultimate responsibility is serving as a backstop for CCA to increase organizational compliance and efficiency.
The Manager, Budget and Finance (Manager) is an integral member of the CCA Operations team, responsible for providing financial and budget oversight and compliance. As a member of the Operations team, the Manager will work closely with CCA program teams and support with budget planning and management, as well as work with the Sr. Director, Finance and Operations to review and revamp internal financial controls and systems. This position requires effective internal communications and a service-oriented approach to program team support, finances, and compliance. While CCA has invested time over the last few years revamping operational and financial processes, we see this as a constantly evolving effort. This position will be a critical partner in helping the operations team to continually find efficiencies and implement best practices for internal financial systems
We seek applicants with an interest in and ability to proactively manage multiple requests and jump in where needed. Also, we seek candidates who can cultivate effective working relationships with people, internally and externally, from a wide variety of types of organizations, cultural backgrounds, and areas of expertise.
This position is based in Washington, DC. or remote.
- Along with Sr. Director, facilitates the annual budget process and development of financial forecasts, including but not limited to creation of relevant templates, communication with the CCA and UNF teams, consolidation of information from program leads, leading analyses of annual financial data, and disseminating relevant financial information.
- Support Sr. Director as a thought partner in revamping CCA financial systems to fit current needs of the organization.
- In coordination with UNF partners, evaluate financial and budget tools that allow CCA to better support the financial planning needs of program activities.
- Work with Sr. Director to develop financial models for new initiatives and projects.
- Generate management reports for CCA leadership.
- Support Sr. Director in monitoring CCA revenue forecast and work with UNF Finance teams to manage and oversee CCA revenue pipeline.
- Provide support to CCA’s Strategy and Development team in developing donor proposals and reports.
- Work with Sr. Director to prepare monthly budget-to-actual reports, including insights and analysis.
- Support on monthly payroll process, as needed.
- Provide training and support to program team budget managers.
- Maintain a strong understanding of donor compliance requirements.
- Liaise with UNF Finance Team on CCA revenue and expenses and maintain understanding of UNF processes and procedures.
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects assigned by the Sr. Director and Sr. Leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, with 4-6 years of work experience.
- Experience with organization-level budgeting and senior management-level reporting.
- Solutions-oriented and able to manage and advance multiple task and responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with expert level Excel/budget software skills and the ability to self-review work for reasonableness and accuracy.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Problem-solver with a proactive, no-task-is-too-small nature
- Team-oriented, supportive work style, and able to work independently.
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize and convey complex information clearly.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Ability to learn new systems and collaboration platforms efficiently.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.