Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), Clean Cooking Alliance
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer – Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market project (Haiti project) is responsible for supporting the implementation of the project’s M&E Plan which tracks the project’s performance through indicators and other routine M&E activities. The M&E Officer will lead data collection, data entry and cleaning, data analysis and reporting for all the project’s programmatic activities, as outlined in the M&E Plan. The M&E Officer will work with the Manager M&E, and the Haiti team, to ensure that all field-based M&E responsibilities are implemented efficiently, on time, and in line with the values of CCA.
The M&E Officer reports to the Chief Program Officer. The M&E Officer will also work closely with the Haiti Country Director and other CCA team members to ensure strong linkages between the Haiti project’s M&E and CCA programming.
This position is based in Haiti.
Support Implementation of M&E Plan
- Support Haiti project staff and partners to ensure effective M&E of project activities
- Work with the Manager M&E to collect, clean, analyze and report on the project’s indicators data.
- Conduct field data collection, research and/or training programs
- Perform routine project M&E activities by collecting training feedback, conducting interviews/focus groups, and administering surveys
- Partner with M&E Manager and the Haiti country team on the project’s M&E reporting
- Support other M&E initiatives for the project, including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary
- Manage development and maintenance of data management systems for the project’s M&E data
- Support project staff to properly document, organize and capture the project’s progress and learning
- Conduct field visits to collect data, ensure the quality of data collected, and verify the accuracy of reported data
- Provide technical expertise to program partners to ensure effective monitoring of the Alliance-supported activities to track and demonstrate results
- Design and conduct training on monitoring, evaluation, and learning for local staff and partners along with the M&E Manager
- Partner with the Project M&E Manager to clean, analyze and report on data
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions along with the M&E Manager
- Support project staff in the management of the project activity monitoring system
- Institute routine project monitoring activities, focus groups, and small surveys
- Collaborate on updating the project’s M&E systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or higher in a related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, including at least 3 years of experience with M&E preferred
- Proven project M&E management skills with Haiti-focused projects/programs preferred
- Demonstrated experience with data collection in Haiti through surveys, in-depth interviews and focus groups preferred
- Demonstrated experience with design of M&E tools and monitoring systems
- Advanced Excel and other quantitative data management and analysis software skills
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with database management
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information
- Experience with programming for tablet-based data collection
- Professional fluency in English, French, and Haitian Creole
- Capacity to draft briefs and reports in both French and English
- Ability to work with various teams
- Ability to follow instructions thoroughly
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.