Assistant, Development, Nothing But Nets
- Washington, DC
- Part Time
- Employment Opportunity
- Entry Level
Applicants should have an understanding of and interest in grassroots campaigns and nonprofit development. Flexibility and interest in working on a variety of aspects of the campaign is critical, including grassroots engagement, stewardship, partnerships, and general fundraising.
This is a part-time temporary position with an end date.
- Write thank you notes to first-time and repeat donors
- Conduct welcome calls to new donors
- Support donor stewardship mailings
- Support with lapsed monthly donor recapture and outreach
- Conduct research and support prospecting new donors
Grassroots Fundraisers Outreach
- Support with the creation of fundraising tools and resources for schools and other community organizations
- Conduct targeted outreach to these groups and support fundraising activities.
- Conduct research and support prospecting for the development of new campaign partnership.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Prior individual giving experience required
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Strong communications skills required, both written and oral
- Collaborative, organized, entrepreneurial and a self-starter
- Interest in international affairs/development, global health, or other relevant subject areas
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
- Must be available to work a maximum of 20 hours per week
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.