Associate Director, Communications, DIAL
The Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL) aims to advance a more equitable world through a shared vision of a positive digital future. We connect people with evidence on digital tools that work for society through research, knowledge products, and advocacy. We collaborate with others to promote digital systems that hold qualities of inclusion, trust, choice, and agency, with a particular focus on the themes of effective digital public infrastructure and strong data governance.
Hosted within the UN Foundation in Washington, DIAL is a partnership among some of the world’s biggest digital development champions, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the United Kingdom’s Foreign & Commonwealth Development Office, and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency.
The communications team works across DIAL to shape our communications strategy, support the objectives of the program groups, market our products and communities of practice, disseminate our publications, and raise our profile. The Associate Director, Communications will work closely with the CEO and senior management to shape and ensure the successful delivery of an overarching and a program-specific communications strategy, in support of strengthening DIAL’s brand and advancing our policy and advocacy objectives. They will offer expertise and hands-on guidance to DIAL colleagues to design and deliver communications strategies for respective programs, including messaging, content, and tactics across owned, earned, and paid channels. They will monitor the digital development and wider landscape to identify communication opportunities and trends relevant for DIAL, its key audience, and the policy and advocacy outcomes the organization seeks.
In addition to working with the UN Foundation Communications team, the Associate Director, Communications will work with Communications counterparts at DIAL’s external partners to harmonize and support larger communications efforts.
The Associate Director, Communications will report to the CEO and lead DIAL’s communication efforts. The position will partner with DIAL senior managers in executing their strategies and ensure an audience-centered approach across all DIAL’s communications.
This position is remote/global.
- Lead DIAL’s global communications strategy and approaches to achieve positioning, fundraising, and impact goals, specifically helping to define, activate and measure influence objectives and efforts
- Build a strong, recognizable, and trusted DIAL brand:
- ensuring a consistent and cohesive organizational voice
- harnessing and amplifying DIAL’s individual voices
- improving DIAL’s communication channels, including web, social media, and search
- Act as a communication thought-partner and support DIAL’s areas of work to deliver effective communications activities, including positioning strategies, messaging and calls to action, and content and knowledge products
- Drive a whole-of-DIAL editorial and narrative plan, ensuring there is a clear view across internal and external moments, product launches and events, and opportunities to position DIAL are maximized
- Nurture an impact-driven approach to DIAL’s storytelling, developing a range of content that demonstrates why digital transformation matters
- Develop specific KPIs and budgets for DIAL communications services, including:
- sourcing vendors to support graphic design, copy editing, writing, and other needs
- delivering research, advocacy and learning products
- managing content development and media outreach
- providing internal training and capacity development opportunities
- Put in place a clear self-service model around specific areas of communications, including guidelines, templates, key messaging frameworks, a visual library, and an ecosystem of freelancers and experts DIAL can tap into and work with
- Help strengthen the understanding of and capacity in communications organization-wide, including providing thought leadership and guidance for executive communications presence and working with colleagues to refine their storytelling and writing skills
- Build, equip and manage DIAL’s team of communications experts, helping define team goals, individual objectives, and ensuring their success. Additionally, contribute to building an inclusive, supportive, and empowering working environment
- Provide regular reports on performance around communication efforts, including website, social media, and media, and implement insights and recommendations for improvements. Deliver reports as required to the CEO, Board of Directors and UNF
- Undertake regular ‘pause and reflect’ communications strategy reviews and propose strategic course corrections, in partnership with the CEO, DIAL senior management and MEL staff
- Participate and contribute as needed to UN Foundation-wide communications efforts, particularly to ensure DIAL is appropriately reflected and coordinate as appropriate with other digital/tech focused initiatives hosted at or led by UNF
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 8 years relevant experience in a marketing or communications role, including strong writing, editorial and editing skills and the ability to develop engaging content with a technical focus
- Dynamic leader with a passion for creating and delivering comprehensive (and effective) communications strategies
- Demonstrated interest in the UN, international affairs, and emerging technologies preferred
- Clear experience in client service orientation, with the ability to internalize internal and external audience needs and to translate these needs into high-quality communications approaches and assets
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, with a proven ability to translate dense messages into relatable content
- Strong project management experience with an ability to execute across multiple efforts simultaneously
- Record of accomplishment of driving the production of world-class communications assets, including publications, websites, campaigns, etc.
- Strong leadership skills and high EQ, with the ability to work well across teams and motivate colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress, creatively solve problems, and demonstrate flexibility and resilience
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter – while also contributing to a strong team environment
- Ascribe to DIAL’s values of Commitment, Collaboration, Empowerment, Courage and Thoughtful Action
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.