Manager, Agreements and Operations, Clean Cooking Alliance
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $82,000.
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
The CCA Operations team works across CCA to support the programmatic initiatives. The Operations team works across a number of activities, but mainly focuses on international process improvement, agreements, budgets, and compliance. The Operations team’s ultimate responsibility is serving as a backstop for CCA to increase organizational compliance and efficiency.
The Manager, Agreements and Operations (Manager) is an integral member of the CCA Operations Team, responsible for providing agreement, procurement, and compliance support. As a member of the Operations Team, they will be responsible for supporting CCA’s various program teams, acting as a liaison between programs, CCA Operations, and the UN Foundation. This position requires effective internal communications around agreements, due diligence, compliance, and donor funding. While CCA has invested time over the last few years revamping operational processes, we see this as a constantly evolving effort. This position will be a critical leader in helping the operations team to continually find efficiencies, and implement best practices for internal processes, controls, and budget management. This position will lead the day-to-day agreement processes and guide junior team members on processes and compliance.
We seek applicants with an interest in and ability to proactively manage multiple requests and jump in where needed. We are interested in applicants who have experience in providing programmatic support through agreement development and compliance management. We seek candidates who can cultivate effective working relationships with people, internally and externally, from a wide variety of types of organizations, cultural backgrounds, and areas of expertise.
This position is based in Washington, DC, or remote.
Contracts, Grants, and Agreements:
- Lead on working with the program teams to develop and execute agreements (contracts, grants, sponsorships, etc.)
- Own and track contracts, grants, and agreements through the full life cycle from inception to execution to closeout.
- Maintain a strong understanding of donor compliance requirements and support with conducting partner due diligence
- Review donor compliance documents and lead in developing processes and procedures to ensure CCA compliance with donor requirements.
- Serve as the key point of contact with the UN Foundation Contracts and Agreements Team on agreements and maintain understanding of UN Foundation processes and procedures.
- In partnership with UN Foundation’s Contracts and Agreements Team, review, and update CCA standard agreement templates to reflect best practices and donor requirements.
- Communicate with CCA teams on the status of agreements and provide guidance on processes.
- Draft contracts, grants, and other agreements.
- Oversee the maintenance of agreement data in Salesforce and serve as an internal subject matter resource on Salesforce administration.
- Support monthly operation reporting to leadership by compiling operations metrics and status reports.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the CCA Operations team and Sr. Director of Finance and Operations.
- Serve as a thought leader on operational improvements and long-term operations planning.
- Support the continued development and implementation of operational processes.
- Support the development of operational processes related to standing up new CCA initiatives.
- Along with the full Operations Team, conduct operations and agreement training and support in the onboarding of new hires.
- Develop a standardized and repeatable process for standing up the operations and compliance components of new donor-funded projects.
- Work with the Sr. Director, Finance and Operations on exploring new tools to better provide operations and agreement support.
- Liaise with CCA’s Development Team and maintain UN Foundation standard organization documents.
- Respond to ad hoc operational requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Most of all, we are seeking the following qualities which are fundamental to success, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, with 4-6 years of applicable work experience.
- Energetic and positive attitude.
- Solutions-oriented and able to manage and advance multiple tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Problem-solver with a proactive, no-task-is-too-small nature,
- Team-oriented, supportive work style, and able to work independently.
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize and convey complex information clearly.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Ability to learn new systems and collaboration platforms efficiently.
- Experience working with Salesforce and Microsoft SharePoint
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), with particular emphasis on ability to create compelling and professional PowerPoint materials.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.