The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, the CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money. In alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals, CCA is working to achieve universal access to clean cooking by 2030.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for managing CCA’s social media schedule and content, email marketing, and website updates, and will assist with creating and editing written and visual content, facilitating internal communications, conducting media and partner research, and other tasks as assigned. The Communications Associate will report to the Senior Director of Advocacy & Communications, working closely with CCA colleagues and in collaboration with the UN Foundation’s Public Affairs team.
- Work with the CCA Advocacy & Communications Team to develop and implement communications activities strategies across traditional and online media platforms.
- Create and post original content for CCA’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Collaborate with team members to create social media toolkits for events, publications, and other high-visibility occasions.
- Implement paid social media marketing campaign and create post-launch metrics reports.
- Coordinate with CCA’s Monitoring & Evaluation Team to track and collect relevant reporting data.
- Assist with producing and editing diverse written products, such as press releases, op-eds, statements, fact sheets, blogs, video concepts and scripts, and interview series.
- Make updates and post new content to cleancooking.org.
- Field website requests from CCA team members and clean cooking partners.
- Work to expand and maintain an active and engaged email list, including by drafting and coding emails in MailChimp, creating targeted distribution groups, and reporting on metrics.
- Support the development, production, and promotion of CCA’s newsletter.
- Support the Advocacy & Communications Team in maintaining branding and messaging consistency online and offline.
- Keep up to date on developments in the clean cooking sector and compile monthly summaries of relevant media content.
- Assist in organizing events, including webinars and in-person convenings, once work gatherings resume.
- Support CCA’s advocacy efforts, including brainstorming engagement opportunities for new and existing champions and youth advocates.
- Coordinate with multiple team members to maintain CCA’s communications calendar.
- Organize and update CCA’s photo collection.
- Monitor CCA’s various email inboxes and field partner requests to the appropriate CCA staff member.
- Manage vendor relationships, as needed, for digital communications implementation.
- Keep up to date with online communications trends and web industry standards.
- Participate in relevant meetings, including twice-weekly team meetings, weekly all-staff meetings, internal webinars, and other learning opportunities, and relevant meetings with external partners.
- Travel to attend and cover live events as applicable, once work travel resumes.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in communications and digital media at a publishing or media outlet, international development organization, public relations agency, or non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, or another relevant field.
- Experience managing organizational social media accounts in coordination with digital campaign communications and strategy.
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms (MailChimp preferred) and CMS platforms (WordPress preferred).
- Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate effectively through various formats, from longer articles, to infographics, to social media copy.
- Familiarity with international development challenges related to energy access, global health, women’s empowerment, and climate change.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Skills in Adobe Creative Suite programs and social media management tools (Hootsuite, TweetDeck) are desirable but not required.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Creative mindset with the ability to problem-solve and work under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit-eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit-eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.