Officer, Data Management Systems, Integrated Development
The Officer of Data Management Systems will serve as an integral member of the Integrated Development team while working closely with the Finance and Strategic Planning & Implementation teams as well as fundraisers across the organization. The Officer will be primarily responsible for donor data systems processes within the Integrated Development team. The Officer will support regular and ad-hoc projects related to donor data management and will help ensure internal support exists to allow fundraisers to engage, cultivate, and steward key constituents. The Officer will also serve as a key resource to ensure accurate management of donors in UNF’s primary databases.
The Officer will work closely with teams across the UN Foundation, including Programs, Alliances, Initiatives, Operations, Finance, and IT teams.
This position is based in Washington, DC (Hybrid work schedule)
- Lead the implementation collection data cleaning and shepherd the technical development of data processes and any improvements to the system
- Identifies opportunities for process development and improvement to better serve donor and fundraiser needs
- Actively seeks to identify, report, and solve process inefficiencies
- Develops and maintains clear and accurate donor operations standard operating procedures, including creating best practice guidelines and standards
- This role is responsible for maintaining data integrity & organization across the Fundraising teams.
- Create weekly fundraising reports for Senior Leadership
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the systems
- Train fundraising staff on account management and reporting protocols
- Provide facilitation and support for the design and improvement processes
- Works closely with UNF Fundraisers across the organization to create a comprehensive donor data management system with Salesforce
- Manage and Review UNF’s CRM systems, including Salesforce and Raisers Edge to improve data accuracy and integrity through the development of ongoing data maintenance processes
- Communicates regularly with fundraisers on donor activities, special needs, issues, and concerns to maintain a strong donor management system at UNF
- Liaises between teams to ensure a smooth flow of communication
- Works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure effective and efficient donor operations and management at UNF
- Provides support to the Integrated Development and Finance teams as related to donor operations needs and priorities, as needed
- Maintain working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants), and when to utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Draft and review agreements and maintain an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consulting with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed. (As applicable to the role)
- Attend training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain and keep up to date with UNF’s current policies and procedures. (As applicable to the role)
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information and prepare reports. (As applicable to the role)
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned
- College degree required or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for the collection or organization, interpretation, and presentation of information
- Thorough knowledge of Salesforce and other software for analysis such as, Power BI, Tableau, Excel, or SQL queries
- Analytical skills required to review reports, evaluate and interpret data, its implications and make tactical and strategic recommendation based on evaluation
- Ability to conduct thorough research and synthesize information clearly and succinctly and communicate to senior team members
- Must be computer literate and familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, database applications.
- Ability to research, compile large amounts of data
- Able to work under pressure and handle stress
- Proactively works to identify and report problems and inefficiencies to senior leaders
- Maintains a problem-solving approach to projects
- Able to manage multiple priorities from multiple team members
- Able to demonstrate discretion with sensitive organizational information
- Able to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of organizations and with a wide variety of functional expertise
- Flexible and a team player
- Able to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.