Associate, Communications, Brand and Marketing, DIAL
At the Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL), our core belief is that everyone, everywhere should have access to the trusted digital tools they need to fully participate in society. We use our expertise to influence the influential, encouraging the world’s largest investors and most effective policymakers to “do digital right”, emphasizing the importance of design, implementation, and governance. By approaching digital transformation from a people-first perspective, tackling pressing topics such as climate change, gender equality and universal healthcare, we can ensure that our world is set up for a positive digital future where everyone can thrive.
Hosted within the UN Foundation in Washington, DIAL is a partnership among some of the world’s biggest digital development champions, including Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the United Kingdom’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office, and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency.
The Communications team at DIAL is in charge of designing and delivering strategic communications activities in support of advancing the organization’s objectives, mission, and work - including brand building, targeted marketing activities, content development, and media outreach. The Communications Associate, Brand and Marketing supports the Communications team to effectively – and successfully – communicate, strengthen and position DIAL and its work, in support of our research, advocacy and influence goals.
This is full-time temporary position with a 1-year initial term and the possibility of extension.
- Works closely with colleagues in the Communications team and across the organization to build a portfolio of marketing and communication materials and campaigns, designed to build DIAL’s brand
- Assists the Communications team to nurture a human-centered approach to DIAL’s storytelling, helping with the development of a suite of brand content that demonstrates the positive impact of digital solutions on people and communities, and across key policy and global thematic priorities
- Develops the cross-channel editorial planner, with support from Communications colleagues
- Helps ensure a consistent voice and tone across all DIAL’s communication materials and products, together with Communications team leadership
- Provides communications support to funding and business development colleagues and efforts, together with Communications team leadership
- Produces brand content with guidance for DIAL’s website, which reflects DIAL’s vision, mission and work
- Contributes to team brainstorming and providing recommendations on specific organic and paid brand marketing activities
- Provides media monitoring, spotting trends and proposing communications opportunities
- Updates and organizes DIAL’s communications and visual library, including key messages, templates, assets, and more
- Assists in the development of materials outlining guidance and training on brand communications for DIAL colleagues, and helps build the knowledge of and capacity of communications organization-wide
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in communications, marketing, and / or journalism and media
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience required
- Interested in the UN, international affairs, and / or digital transformation and emerging technologies
- Passionate about the work they do and the impact they make
- Growth mindset and values continuously learning
- Dynamic, proactive, and just as comfortable working collaboratively as they are independently
- Strong attention to detail, results-oriented and solutions-focused
- Familiarity with brand building and effective brand strategy preferred
- Competent writer and an avid communicator, who follows media and communication trends
- Keen to work and grow in a diverse, international environment with a global team
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.