The Nothing But Nets’ Officer, Individual Giving, reports to the Senior Officer, Partnerships & Development, and will be a critical member of the development team working to generate revenue for the campaign through managing the grassroots and major donor fundraising program. The Officer, Individual Giving, Nothing But Nets will play an important role in the campaign’s efforts to raise $3 million annually to support the effort to provide life-saving bed nets and other tools to protect children and families throughout Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean from malaria.
This role is full-time with benefits based in Washington D.C.
- Manage the implementation of grassroots fundraising program (email appeals and direct mail), overseeing deliverables to ensure completion and successful, on-time production
- Liaise with Public Affairs team on grassroots email appeals and related digital fundraising assets
- Liaise with Global Health Officer to obtain granting updates for story-telling and fundraising collateral
- Lead direct mail execution and production, with contractor assistance
- Work with NBN communications team to ensure all digital fundraising elements are in place and are optimized for fundraising on all NBN digital properties (website, social media, etc)
- Work with the development team to assist peer-to-peer fundraising and provide customer service to donors and supporters
- Work with Executive Director & Director track and manage communication, solicitation, donor visits, and giving reports for major donors
- Develop and manage stewardship communications – The Monthly report, Year in Review report, and other progress reports collaborating with the NBN Communications Team
- Ensure all grassroots gifts and major donor gifts are properly received, tracked, and reported in Salesforce and with the finance team
- Develop monthly and quarterly development reports to track progress and assist in the creation of the annual business plan
- Work with UNF’s CRM team to ensure individual donor giving information is appropriately collected and utilized to support the individual giving donor life cycle.
- Work collaboratively with the development team on fundraising special projects and events, as needed
- Manage development intern
- Maintain working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants) and utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Draft and review agreements and maintain an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consulting with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed. (As applicable to the role)
- Attend training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain and keep up to date with UNF’s current policies and procedures. (As applicable to the role)
- Maintain strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information, and prepare reports. (As applicable to the role)
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree required
- Minimum of 4-6 years of grassroots and/or individual donor fundraising experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce required.
- Overall donor reporting experience preferred
- Prior experience working with monthly sustainer program and/or major donors program preferred
- Collaborative, organized, entrepreneurial, fun and team-oriented
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Self-starter and ability to work across multiple departments and with a broad range of people
- Interest in international affairs/development, global health, and other relevant topics
- This is role is based in Washington D.C.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.